Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests depositing and/or sharing specific content on a server administered by a website hosting company. There are different types of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a look at these. In this way, you can decide what you need, based on whether you desire to have a web page, mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various file storage providers, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are frequently supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain stretch of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly fallacious explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would assign the load between individual stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different website hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a kind of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific firms provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share a vast quantity of pics with chums or associates since the solution is mostly free. You will obtain a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your mail aliases. Some vendors offer web page hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to launch an email address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a given amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to administer as many video files as you wish without hassling about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to keep a web site. To some degree, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At mazzei Hosting, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for particular web content solely.